Mastering MWEL: Model Water Efficient Landscapes
CLCA Offers Workshops To Help You Master New Opportunities In Water Efficiency
This is landscape training that focuses on mastering the basic elements of water efficient landscaping for new California landscapes. As more outdoor California building ordinances are imposed on new landscapes and the landscape industry, this training focuses on creating and maintaining water efficient landscapes. The workshop is designed for landscape designers, landscape architects, landscape contractors that specialize in installation and maintenance. Municipal water conservation personnel may discover it useful as well. We will cover all the essential elements to help you comply with the MWELO, design, build and maintain healthy, water efficient landscapes for California’s “new normal”.
These workshops will offer CEUs for your current certifications and provide you with a participation certificate.
- Receive Basic Knowledge of California’s Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (MWELO)
- Receive Knowledge of MWELO’s Most Important Elements
- Have an Understanding of Soil, Irrigation, Water Budgeting and Plant Relationships
- Have an Understanding of Overall Water Efficient Landscape Best Management Practice (BMPs)
- Participate in an Interactive Landscape Water Budgeting Exercise
- Participate in a Question and Answer Session with Proven Industry Experts
These workshops are free to all those in Southern California thanks to a generous sponsorship by the Metropolitan Water District.
To take advantage of this offer, you must:
- Register with CLCA and place a $50 deposit* on the workshop you wish to attend.
- Attend the workshop.
- Upon full attendance at the workshop, you will receive your $50 deposit back.
*Your $50 deposit becomes non-refundable if you do not attend the workshop or attend less than 90 percent of the workshop or if you cancel your attendance within 10 days of the workshop.