Burns Elected President Of California Landscape Contractors Association
Elizabeth Burns of Zone 24 Landscaping, Inc. has been elected 2019 President of the California Landscape Contractors Association.
Joining Burns on the association’s 2019 Board of Directors will be:
- President-Elect Regan Barry, Coastal Evergreen Co., Inc. (joined board in 2019)
- Immediate Past President Aaron Huxley, SiteOne Landscape Supply
- Secretary-Treasurer Andrew Simpson, Quillen Landscaping
- Director of Education Lindsay Ono, Bakersfield College
- Director of Events Dan Dvorak, CLCA Insurance Solutions (joined board in 2019)
- Director of Membership Peter Rosen, Dynamic Designs
- Director of Resource Management Paul Hansen, Southwest Landscape, Inc. (joined board in 2019)
- Chapter Presidents Council Co-Director Henry Buder, Jr., CLP, CLT, Henry Buder’s Landscape Restoration
- Chapter Presidents Council Co-Director Eric Watanabe, Signature Pools & Landscapes (joined board in 2019)
- Associate Member Director Chris McNairy, Hunter Industries/FX Luminaire
- CLCA Executive Director Sandra Giarde, CAE
CLCA’s 2019 Board of Directors was officially installed during the association’s annual Leadership Conference, held February 5 in Ontario, California.
Burns is the president and founder of Zone 24 Landscaping, an award-winning 20-year-old firm that focuses on high-end residential landscape installation and maintenance in the Palos Verdes Peninsula. During the 2018 Trophy Awards – CLCA’s celebration of the “best of the best” of California Landscaping — Zone 24 garnered three state awards.
Burns has been actively involved with CLCA for more than 15 years. She has served in leadership roles in the Los Angeles/San Gabriel Valley and San Fernando Valley chapters and is an active member of the Landscape Industry Show committee for the past 11 years. She chaired that committee for the past three years. She also chaired the association’s Events Committee and served as Director of Events on the state Board of Directors for three years. In 2018, she served as CLCA President Elect.
“My passion and love for the CLCA have revolved around bringing together members of the green industry,” she says. “I feel it is wonderful how we come together to learn, share and make lifelong friends around the trade we all are blessed to have made our livelihood. It will be my goal to continue to bring our members and those in the industry together.”
The California Landscape Contractors Association is a non-profit trade organization of licensed landscape contractors and others related to the landscape industry. The association’s core goal is to support CLCA members as they create beautiful, enduring landscapes that improve the quality of life. Although formally incorporated in 1952, CLCA has been meeting as an association since 1937.